Another Sunday come and gone, and another Jaguars loss with it. The Jags notched their seventh consecutive loss, and in the process, also officially eliminated themselves from playoff contention. The result also guaranteed that Jacksonville would have double digit losses for the sixth straight season. The Jaguars found a way to lose despite doing a lot of things right, including keeping their penalties to a minimum. Jacksonville notched its fifth straight game with a season low of six penalties.
Here are all of the penalties against the Jaguars from week 13, courtesy of NFLPenalties.com.
- False Start - Kelvin Beachum - 5 yards
- Roughing the Passer - Telvin Smith - 15 yards
- Illegal Use of Hands - AJ Cann - 10 yards
- Unnecessary Roughness - Alex Ellis - 15 yards
- False Start - Jermey Parnell - 5 yards
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Allen Robinson - 15 yards
TOTAL: Six penalties, 65 yards
While it’s great to see the Jaguars continue their streak of season-low penalties, there are still to many miscues in that department overall. Several of these flags, like the ones one Ellis and Robinson, are easily avoidable just by playing smart and keeping your composure. Unfortunately, that’s kind of the status quo with these Jags; they always find a way to mess up the easy things.
Here is the running tally of penalties on the season.