The Jacksonville Jaguars lost to the Tennessee Titans in a game that was even more lopsided than the 37-16 box score will tell you. But what about the individual performances? Was there any reason to be encouraged on either side of the ball?
Let’s find out.
Week 2 Jaguars offensive stats
- WR Allen Hurns was targeted six times in the slot, he caught all six passes for 82 yards 2.65 yards per route run and had had a perfect WR rating of 158.3 when targeted.
- It was a bad day for QB Blake Bortles who really struggled under pressure, Bortles faced pressure 30.8% of the time against the Titans but went 2 for 9 and as well as throwing an interception. His passer rating of 4.2 under pressure was the third lowest from Week 2.
- After dealing with pressure well in Week 1 against the Texans, the Jaguars could not repeat this in Week 2, the OL gave up 11 total pressures for a pass-blocking efficiency of 77.6 which ranked 22nd in Week 2.
- It was especially a bad day for rookie OT Cam Robinson, in just his second career start he gave up 5 total pressures on 39 pass blocking snaps for a pass blocking efficiency of 89.7 the seventh worst among OTs in Week 2.
- Rookie RB Leonard Fournette struggled in his second career start, after dominating against the Texans in Week 1 Fournette could only earn a PFF overall grade of 46.2, the lowest of the Jaguars RBs that played Sunday.
Week 2 Jaguars defensive stats
- LB Telvin Smith was the highest graded player for the Jaguars on Sunday, earning an overall PFF grade of 86.5 graded well in both coverage (86) and in run defense (80.9).
- CB Jalen Ramsey had yet another strong game earning an overall PFF grade of 82.1, Titans QB Marcus Mariota stayed away from Ramsey, only targeting him once throughout the game, which was an incompletion.
- LB Telvin Smith tied for the most stops in run defense Sunday (4) and his run stop percentage of 11.8 was the eighth best among 4-3 outside LBs in Week 2.
- After recording a record amount of sacks against the Texans in Week 1, the Jaguars defensive front was a huge disappointment Sunday only collecting 4 total pressures on the QB on 30 passing plays. After recording 10 total pressures against the Texans DE Calais Campbell could only manged 1 against the Titans in Week 2.
- Despite not having a great game (46.8 overall grade) DT Malik Jackson did show positives in the run game, collecting 2 defensive stops for a run stop percentage of 11.1, the tenth best by a DT in Week 2.