5 things to look for as the Jaguars take on the Colts
The Jaguars (3-5) are in a position no one ever expected. After failing to win a game in the month of October, the defending AFC South Division champions are desperately trying to turn things around and get back into the win column. Here are five things to watch as Jacksonville travels to Indianapolis to take on the Colts (3-5) in Week 10. As the two teams battle to get out of the basement, the Jaguars are coming off a bye week and need to regroup to salvage the season.
Jaguars treasure gifts from Army veteran Sean Karpf
Like most players, Blake Bortles will keep items to remember moments from his football career.
A jersey signed by a teammate. A game ball or helmet. Maybe a pair of cleats he wore in a certain game.
None of those things, however, will mean as much to the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback as the folded United States flag encased in a shadow box and several military patches that sit in his locker. They were gifts from Sean Karpf, one of the team’s strength and conditioning associates and a U.S. Army veteran who lost his lower left leg while on patrol in Afghanistan in 2012.
Will the Jaguars make the playoffs in 2018?
Statistically, it’s still possible. In fact, with eight games to go, it’s technically correct to say that the Jacksonville Jaguars still control their playoff hopes.
It’s unlikely an 11-5 team misses the playoffs and with the Jaguars sitting at 3-5 with eight games to go, that’s the goal. I don’t think 10-6 will automatically get you in this year because some of these divisions are pretty top heavy. The tie breakers could be killers.
And in other Jaguars news ...
- A.J. Bouye not playing against the Colts is “news to Doug Marrone”.
- Would the Jaguars benefit from signing Josh Lambo to a contract extension before the offseason?
- The Jaguars said they plan on going “full-bore” with Leonard Fournette if he’s healthy.
- Here are 3 players to watch during the second half of the season.
- Doug Marrone didn’t think his Jaguars team “deserved” a national audience and he believed they were going to get flexed out before they actually did.
- Do you want some bold predictions for the Jaguars vs. Colts game? You got ‘em!