Jaguars deny season is over after loss to the Colts
It’s hard to believe that the Jacksonville Jaguars are in this situation after being a few plays away from the Super Bowl in January: fielding questions about making sure players don’t check out.
After Sunday’s 29-26 loss to Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium, the Jaguars’ fifth in a row, that’s where the franchise stands. Jacksonville is last in the AFC South, winless in three division games, and at this point a .500 record might be a stretch.
Jaguars treasure gifts from Army veteran Sean Karpf
Like most players, Blake Bortles will keep items to remember moments from his football career.
A jersey signed by a teammate. A game ball or helmet. Maybe a pair of cleats he wore in a certain game.
None of those things, however, will mean as much to the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback as the folded United States flag encased in a shadow box and several military patches that sit in his locker. They were gifts from Sean Karpf, one of the team’s strength and conditioning associates and a U.S. Army veteran who lost his lower left leg while on patrol in Afghanistan in 2012.
Jaguars hit bottom of the AFC South, is a climb back possible?
The Jacksonville Jaguars own the bottom of the AFC South Division after losing to their division opponent the Indianapolis Colts (4-5) by a score of 29-26 on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. It was a painful loss but the team is trying to hold on hope to the idea of salvaging the season. Head coach Doug Marrone is looking for some consistency in order to turn things around.
And in other Jaguars news ...
- Andrew Luck’s comeback against the Jaguars is one of the feel good stories of the year.
- Would the Jaguars benefit from signing Josh Lambo to a contract extension before the offseason?
- John Oehser talks about what we learned from the Jaguars’ loss to the Colts.
- The Colts started a three-game grandstand with a big win against the Jaguars.
- Doug Marrone didn’t think his Jaguars team “deserved” a national audience and he believed they were going to get flexed out before they actually did.
- Want to review our bold predictions from before the Jaguars vs. Colts game? You got it!