Jaguars taking “must-win” approach to Colts
Mired in a four-game losing streak and being 0-2 in the AFC South, they came to this conclusion: They must win at division rival Indianapolis (3-5) on Sunday.
It’s essentially a playoff atmosphere for Jacksonville (3-5) in early November.
“This is a thousand percent a must-win,” linebacker Myles Jack said Wednesday. “No. 1, it’s a conference game that we’ve got to win. And then we’re on a four-game losing streak, so we can’t lose another game.”
A.J. Bouye not playing in Week 10 is news to Doug Marrone
Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said he’s not going to play in Week 10 against the Indianapolis Colts due to a calf injury, per Michael DiRocco of ESPN. Bouye initially suffered the injury against the Houston Texans on Oct. 21 and missed the team’s game in London against the Philadelphia Eagles the following week.
But when told of Bouye’s comments, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said the starting cornerback’s absence was “news to me.”
3 Jaguars players to watch in the second half of the season
The first half of the 2018 NFL season was as disappointing for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Great expectations were doused with injuries and a lack of consistency on both offense and defense. The five losses the team suffered were damaging to the locker room and the core of the franchise. A herculean effort in the final eight games by the entire 53-man roster will be crucial for this team, led by head coach Doug Marrone, to make a charge to the postseason. The Jaguars are down, but not out.
And in other Jaguars news ...
- The Jaguars said they plan on going “full-bore” with Leonard Fournette if he’s healthy.
- Would the Jaguars benefit from signing Josh Lambo to a contract extension before the offseason?
- Doug Marrone didn’t think his Jaguars team “deserved” a national audience and he believed they were going to get flexed out before they actually did.
- N’Keal Harry should be a top draft target for the Jaguars this spring.
- The Jaguars are making changes to their practice schedule ahead of this week’s game.