Jaguars have been NFL’s most disappointing team
Injuries have decimated the offense. Running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) has missed six games, the Jaguars are on their third-string left tackle (who is a guard), and tight ends Austin Seferian-Jenkins (core muscle) and Niles Paul (knee) are on injured reserve. Plus, the remaining four offensive line starters have battled nagging injuries at various points. However, quarterback Blake Bortles has struggled (11 turnovers in eight games), the offensive line hasn’t played well even when healthy (coach Doug Marrone said he had no confidence in its ability to create space in Jacksonville’s last game), and there are no consistent outside playmakers. Despite all that, the Jaguars are still alive in a jumbled AFC South, and the season is not lost — yet.
Will the Jaguars make the playoffs in 2018?
Statistically, it’s still possible. In fact, with eight games to go, it’s technically correct to say that the Jacksonville Jaguars still control their playoff hopes.
It’s unlikely an 11-5 team misses the playoffs and with the Jaguars sitting at 3-5 with eight games to go, that’s the goal. I don’t think 10-6 will automatically get you in this year because some of these divisions are pretty top heavy. The tie breakers could be killers.
A.J. Bouye not playing in Week 10 is news to Doug Marrone
Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said he’s not going to play in Week 10 against the Indianapolis Colts due to a calf injury, per Michael DiRocco of ESPN. Bouye initially suffered the injury against the Houston Texans on Oct. 21 and missed the team’s game in London against the Philadelphia Eagles the following week.
But when told of Bouye’s comments, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said the starting cornerback’s absence was “news to me.”
And in other Jaguars news ...
- The Jaguars said they plan on going “full-bore” with Leonard Fournette if he’s healthy.
- Would the Jaguars benefit from signing Josh Lambo to a contract extension before the offseason?
- The Jaguars vs. Colts history has not been kind to Jacksonville.
- Here are 3 players to watch during the second half of the season.
- Doug Marrone didn’t think his Jaguars team “deserved” a national audience and he believed they were going to get flexed out before they actually did.
- N’Keal Harry should be a top draft target for the Jaguars this spring.
- The Jaguars are making changes to their practice schedule ahead of this week’s game.