The Jacksonville Jaguars recorded a shutout against the Indianapolis Colts yesterday with their 6-0 win — which is an amazing feat in this day and age when you consider all the rules that favor the offense, innovative spread formations, higher averages in yards per attempt, and more.
But did you know it was only the seventh shutout in franchise history?
Here are the only shutouts the Jaguars have recorded in their 25-year tenure:
- 6-0 against Indianapolis on December 2, 2018
- 27-0 at Indianapolis on October 22, 2017 (only road shutout in franchise history)
- 41-0 against the New York Jets on October 8, 2006
- 9-0 against Pittsburgh on September 18, 2006
- 27-0 against Houston on December 7, 2003
- 48-0 against Cleveland on December 3, 2000
- 13-0 against Cincinnati on September 17, 2000
This team now joins the Baltimore Ravens as the only teams over the last two seasons to post multiple shutouts.