We are in the dead period, folks. Training camp is just about one month away, but there is still a lot of news and notes to recap regarding the Jacksonville Jaguars.
From fantasy football outlooks to praise from NFL.com analysts, and everything in between, let’s see what is going on in and around Jacksonville.
Last week’s roundup!
- NFL Network reporter Mike Garafolo has a detailed article on how Doug Marrone won over his team the old-fashioned way. Good read.
- Fellow NFL analyst Bucky Brooks lists the Jaguars as having the best defensive “triplets” in the entire NFL with Calais Campbell, Telvin Smith and Jalen Ramsey (or A.J. Bouye). Can’t argue that.
- Yahoo! Sports talks boom or bust fantasy football players for the Jaguars. Dede Westbrook, Keelan Cole, Leonard Fournette and more are mentioned in the piece.
- Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack were named to NFL.com’s All-Under-25-team. Calais Campbell made CBS Sports’ Top 30 Players Over 30 list.
- Additionally, Ramsey ranked No. 17 in the NFL Top 100, and was the top cornerback on the list. Campbell ranked No. 14. How is Ramsey not in the top-10? NFL.com’s Alex Gelhar would also like to know.
- With OTAs and minicamp over, here are five key takeaways for the Jaguars following the offseason program.
- Would you trade Dante Fowler Jr for Teddy Bridgewater? Eh, probably not.
- Forbes has five keys to success for the Jaguars in 2018.
- George Diaz of the Orlando Sentinel caught up with Blake Bortles. Check out their conversation.
- Mike Kaye of First Coast News examined all 10 trades of the Dave Caldwell era. Caldwell has actually done pretty well with said trades.
- NFL.com’s Adam Rank lists five reasons why Jacksonville will make the playoffs in 2018.
- The Jaguars are working with the city of Jacksonville to rename a local roadway after Jacksonville-based band Lynyrd Skynyrd in the city’s Riverside neighborhood. Lynyrd Skynyrd will play their final show at TIAA Bank Field on Sept. 2.
Stay up-to-date with all Jaguars news by following Big Cat Country. We have you covered.