The official start to training camp is just a couple weeks away, but prior to that, what else is going on with our beloved Jacksonville Jaguars?
It sounds like a perfect time to recap Jaguars news and notes from the past week or so. Let’s jump right into it.
- NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks lists Jacksonville as one of five potential sleeper teams in 2019, along with the Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings.
- Pro Football Talk is counting down the top 30 storylines heading into the 2019 season. No. 18 on the list asks how much better the Jaguars will be with Nick Foles under center.
- Adam Rank of NFL.com takes a look at the State of the Franchise for the Jaguars, and is bullish on the team in Duval in 2019.
- We are now about a week into a month of July, but Forbes has a recap of five takeaways from the month of June for the Jaguars.
- While many anticipate Gardner Minshew II easily taking the No. 2 QB spot behind Foles, Jaguars Wire is examining the position battle between Minshew, Alex McGough and Tanner Lee. The website is also looking at what the expected wide receiver lineup will look like.
- Tom Blair of NFL.com named the 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars as one of the top-10 teams of the decade.
- Have you been keeping up with Big Cat Country’s 100 moments in 100 days series? The most recent entries include the Will Blackmon strip sack and score in 2013, a look back at former Jaguars defensive tackle John Jurkovic and Todd Bouman literally getting called off of a farm tractor to start an NFL game.
- Big Cat Country’s own Filip Prus continues his excellent, in-depth scouting report on Jaguars rookies. The most recent installment focuses on seventh-round draft pick Dontavius Russell.
- Madden 20 ratings came out for all rookies. Some of the Jaguars players’ ratings seem rather low.
- Bleacher Report named each NFL’s team riskiest move of the offseason. Unsurprisingly, Foles is the pick for the Jaguars.
- Proper footwork is important to the success of Foles — who wears size 16 shoes — and it’s an area he is consistently trying to work upon, per Michael DiRocco of ESPN.
- For the franchise’s 25th anniversary, Jaguars.com is looking at 25 games in 25 seasons. The most recent entry includes The Jaguars’ 9-0 victory on Monday Night Football against the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2006.
- ESPN predicts Leonard Fournette to be a fantasy football bust in 2019.
- BCC’s Alfie Crow has been running down Jacksonville 90-man roster in 90 days. Wide receiver Tyre Brady and defensive lineman Taven Bryan were the last two features.
Let us know if we missed anything in the comments below, and as always, stay tuned with Big Cat Country for all of the latest news and updates.