Happy Monday morning, everyone! Here’s all the Jacksonville Jaguars news that’s fit to print... around the Internet. We’ve got Yannick Ngakoue’s trade value, the battle for backup quarterback, and more.
What could the Jaguars get if they trade Yannick Ngakoue?
The New York Jets have been on the prowl searching for a legitimate pass rusher since John Abraham was traded away back in 2006. One of the best in the NFL is available for the right price this offseason and Yannick Ngakoue has made his stance clear — he no longer wants to play for the team.
Here is what Paul Esden of FanSided thinks the Jaguars could get if they made a deal with the Jets.
Tony Boselli tests positive for coronavirus
Former All-Pro offensive tackle Tony Boselli was recently admitted into a Jacksonville area hospital due to COVID-19, according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report. According to Freeman, Boselli was initially in the intensive care unit. He is still receiving treatment, but Freeman was told Boselli is doing better.
You can read more about it here.
Should the Jaguars sign Cam Newton as backup quarterback?
It’s rare to see any quarterback with a Super Bowl appearance, MVP award and NFL records on his resume hit the open market, let alone one who’s still only 30 years old, but that is the situation Cam Newton finds himself in. The Carolina Panthers released the former No. 1 overall pick earlier this week after failing to find a trade partner for the 10th-year veteran.
Bucky Brooks of NFL.com thinks the Jaguars make a lot of sense.
- Would Isaiah Simmons be a smart pick for the Jaguars at No. 9 overall?
- Joe Schobert heard “a lot of good things” about Jacksonville before signing.
- Shad Khan makes $1 million donation to local efforts fighting COVID-19.
- Jaguars are underdogs in 13 of 16 games next season.
- Darqueze Dennard decides not to sign with Jacksonville in free agency.
- Tre Herndon donates 10,000 meals to Feeding Northeast Florida in response to coronavirus emergency.