Happy Monday, everyone! Here’s all the Jacksonville Jaguars news that’s fit to print... around the Internet.
We’ve got thoughts on Cam Newton from Warren Moon, more Yannick Ngakoue rumors, and Leonard Fournette’s thoughts on the offense!
Warren Moon says Cam Newton would be good fit in Jacksonville
Warren Moon tells TMZ Sports ... Cam Newton would be a good fit in Jacksonville — saying the quarterback has a great shot to start over Gardner Minshew!
Newton has been team-less since the Carolina Panthers cut him last month ... and the market for the former MVP hasn’t been great.
In fact, Cam’s been heavily linked to the L.A. Chargers, but the Bolts haven’t reciprocated the interest. Like, at all.
Enter Moon ... who says Cam’s next best option might be down in Florida — ‘cause the Hall of Famer thinks Newton might have a real shot to beat out Minshew in Jacksonville.
Jaguars almost drafted Calais Campbell in 2008
The Jacksonville Jaguars were ready to select former Jaguars defensive lineman Calais Campbell in 2008 with their first-round selection.
That’s according to Campbell himself... but it never came to fruition due to the Jaguars drafting up from the 26th overall pick to eighth overall in order to select former Florida Gators defensive end Derrick Harvey.
How can the New York Giants land Yannick Ngakoue?
Is there still a path for the New York Giants to unhappy pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue from the Jacksonville Jaguars?
It’s a question that comes often to the Big Blue View inbox, many times in the form of potential trade scenarios.
Leonard Fournette: “Some people are gonna be surprised this year.”
Throughout last season, Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette appeared to do everything right. The former LSU tailback came into training camp in shape, and ready to roll, and parleyed that into the best season of his short NFL career.
“I do believe the Jaguars are gonna put a couple pieces around me, try to get everything going. We have a great quarterback [Gardner] Minshew, we got DJ [Chark], we got Dede [Westbrook], we gonna put some pieces together with our line, we have tight ends,” said Fournette. “I think some people gonna be surprised next year.”
- SOURCE: Jaguars host pre-draft FaceTime visit with University of Washington wide receiver Aaron Fuller.
- Does Georgia OT Andrew Thomas fit what Jacksonville is trying to do this offseason?
- The Jaguars aren’t drafting a quarterback early this year. Stop this madness.
- Who is the better receiver for Jacksonville — CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy?
- Calais Campbell was named to the NFL All-Decade Team for the 2010’s.
- Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye speak about their trades away from Jacksonville.
- Don’t be surprised when Jacksonville focuses heavily on offense in this year’s NFL Draft.