Happy Thursday, everyone! Here’s all the Jacksonville Jaguars news that’s fit to print... around the Internet.
We’ve got thoughts on if the Atlanta Falcons could be a draft day trade partner with the team, Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft, and more!
Do the Atlanta Falcons make sense as a Round 1 draft partner?
As the 2020 NFL Draft inches closer and closer, public rumblings of the Atlanta Falcons considering a big move up in the draft have grown louder and louder. In fact, they are loud enough that it is time to start taking it seriously despite the common smoke screens teams use this time of the year.
Of course, these types of rumors circulate every single year in the weeks leading up to the draft. Because of this, every rumor has to be met with a natural sense of skepticism, but where there is smoke, there is often fire.
Leonard Fournette definitely still hates Tom Coughlin, right?
How one person destroyed our 2017 AFC championship team https://t.co/n9kdnqe9uX— 7⃣ Leonard Fournette (@_fournette) April 16, 2020
He will never get over it and, frankly, neither will I.
Mel Kiper mock draft 4.0
With the 2020 NFL Draft just over a week away, ESPN’s NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper, Jr. has unveiled his latest two-round mock draft.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have a variety of needs and could go several ways this year, but Kiper sees the Jaguars making an offensive splash with the team’s first pick at No. 9 overall with Alabama wide receiver Jerry Jeudy.
Jaguars players donate to help communities during COVID-19 pandemic
During this time many families, and individuals have suffered great financial losses due to the on-going quarantine caused by the novel coronavirus known as CoV-2(SARS), which can cause the disease COVID-19.
Many NFL players have already contributed greatly to the cause, including cornerback Tre Herndon and former quarterback Nick Foles. Now the Jaguars have announced several other players who are pledging funds or their time to contribute to various causes in their home city or Jacksonville, Florida.
A.J. Epenesa would give the Jaguars a versatile defensive starter
Until the New England Patriots scored 14 fourth-quarter points in the AFC Championship game, the Jacksonville Jaguars were on a Cinderella Super Bowl run in the 2017 season. That team had one of the better defenses in recent NFL history.
But now that defense is broken into pieces. With four picks in the top 75, including two first-rounders, the defense can be rebuilt.
- Jawaan Taylor reflects on last season and what he learned from his mistakes.
- Got any Jaguars questions for this week’s Q&A? Ask ‘em here!
- SOURCE: Jaguars host pre-draft FaceTime visit with University of Washington wide receiver Aaron Fuller.
- Jacksonville’s plan to bolster their run defense for 2020 is very clear.
- Does Georgia OT Andrew Thomas fit what Jacksonville is trying to do this offseason?
- The Jaguars aren’t drafting a quarterback early this year. Stop this madness.
- Who is the better receiver for Jacksonville — CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy?
- Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye speak about their trades away from Jacksonville.