Happy Father’s Day!
Today is a day to celebrate DAD and for them to celebrate their family. In fact, if you’re a veteran DAD you’re probably not even reading this until a few hours after it was published early this morning — you’re getting a little extra time to sleep in, or you’re cooking steak and eggs for the family, or you’re opening up a hand drawn card that your daughter made you and trying not to cry and in the process you screwed up and made it look like you’re laughing and now you’ve RUINED the day.
Let’s talk about our kids. What does your kid do at an absolutely All-Pro level? It can be anything. Legos. Sleeping. Cartwheels. Waking up at precisely the same inconvenient time to the minute every single morning without fail.
I’ll go first.
- Singing Disney songs
- Drawing alongside YouTube illustration tutorials
- Making conversations with strangers
- Spotting dogs from over 200 yards away
- Bike riding and somersaults (tie)
- Reading at multiple grade levels above her own
- Eating biscuits
- Eating ice cream
- Biting me on my shoulder when he’s happy
- Absolutely HOUSING any and all steak and poultry
- Drinking copious amounts of water before going to bed
- His first real word was “ball” in that it’s the thing he would consistently see, point at, and say out loud without any provocation from me and that’s got to count for something
Comment below, DAD. Today is your day.