With OTAs and minicamp complete for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and players not reporting for training camp until Tuesday, July 27, the NFL offseason schedule is currently in a dead period.
Still, there is plenty to keep up with regarding the Jaguars. Below are links to interesting articles and notes for the Jaguars from the past week or so, in one easy-to-read place.
From around the internet:
- Cynthia Frelund, NFL Network’s analytics expert, projects Trevor Lawrence to be the most productive rookie quarterback in the 2021 class. While that shouldn’t be surprising for the No. 1 overall pick, Frelund backs up her claims by using contextualized data and computer-vision models. Earlier this month, Frelund projected Jaguars rookie running back Travis Etienne to be the fourth most-productive rookie running back. Also unsurprisingly, Dan Hanzus of NFL.com predicts Trevor Lawrence as the Jaguars’ 2021 MVP.
- Frelund also recently projected the toughest four-game stretch for each of the AFC South teams. For Jacksonville, Frelund sees Week Eight through Week 11 as the toughest stretch of the season, which includes games away against the Seattle Seahawks, home versus the Buffalo Bills, on the road against the Indianapolis Colts and at home against the San Francisco 49ers.
- Fan Nation’s Jaguar Report has an excellent feature story on former Jaguars wide receiver R. Jay Soward, who was forced out of the league after just 13 games due to substance abuse issues. Soward’s story is definitely worth a read.
- Card collectors — Panini America, the exclusive trading card partner of the NFL, has released the first official NFL trading cards for Jaguars rookies Trevor Lawrence (card details here) and Travis Etienne Jr. (card details here) in their professional uniforms. The Panini Instant collection Rated Rookie Showcase cards are available for a limited time, until 3 p.m. on Monday, July 19. Cards cost $9.99 and up.
- It took Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette a while to come to terms with being cut by the Jaguars last season.
- Michael Renner of Pro Football Focus tabs Telvin Smith as Jacksonville’s best value draft pick since 2006.
- Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer recently discussed the “reality” of tight end Tim Tebow’s future with the team. Speaking of tight ends for the Jaguars, Chris Manhertz recently attended the Tight End University summit.
- According to Bookies.com, the Jaguars are expected to hit $585.5 in revenue by 2025. Jaguars Wire has more on this story.
- Bleacher Report’s Brad Gagnon thinks the Jaguars should consider trading James Robinson before the 2021 season starts (no thank you). On the contrary, Tony Smith of 1010 XL radio believes Robinson will still be “heavily involved” with the offense.
- Meyer on Trevor Lawrence: “He’s not ready yet, but he doesn’t have to be ready yet.”
The latest from Big Cat Country:
- No, the Jaguars shouldn’t trade James Robinson
- Film Room: Why K’Lavon Chaisson could be the key to an improved Jaguars defense
- What is the most-improved defensive position group for the Jaguars heading into the 2021 season?
- What Is the most-improved offensive position group for the Jaguars heading into 2021?
- Jaguars cornerback Shaquill Griffin is “excited” about what the Jaguars’ coaches have implemented
- K’Lavon Chaisson named “most interesting project” on Jaguars
- Laquon Treadwell signs with Jaguars
- Jaguars offensive line coach George Warhop confident in his group, but is looking for consistency
- Jaguars defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi discusses defensive line group
- Urban Meyer on Laviska Shenault: “I love who he is”